Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Celebration of Independence

With colds on the mend, the family traveled south to the eastern shores of Maryland. One of my favorite spots to get away to. I've been going there since about the age of five. It's quiet, remote, and always beautiful. In attendance, Mr. & Mrs. Bricker, Mom & Dad, Kim B. & Josh, Jim, Abby & myself, and late arrivals, Sharon & Josiah Bancroft. There is so much to do at the bay. We enjoyed swimming, boating, going for walks, fireworks. The water was pretty warm, by northern standards but had lots of sea grass. Abby loved it and so did we! The boats were fun too. We had a great time in the Whaler, a little bumpy but a great ride. The Donzi, well, that boat was AMAZING! It felt like riding on top of the water, sleek and fast. The entire atmosphere is just oozing with relaxation. I don't think it would be possible to go there and NOT relax. Time feels like it stops.I was disappointed to miss the fireworks, but I did. Abby and I spent the evening inside, having trouble sleeping. The display was great though, Jim did a wonderful job picking them out. They were REAL fireworks, like you see in a planned display. Our time there was too short but definitely needed. Time came quickly to pack up and ship off for six weeks on the road. First stop...Canada.

No comments: