Friday, January 7, 2011

Ringing in the New Year

Yesterday we did the airport thing! Jim and Abby and I are flew to Hawaii for the 2011 Sony Open. It is a very exciting time, and Abby handled the long flight from Houston very well! I wanted to tell you all a little bit about our New Year's celebration. I think this may have been the first year I ever celebrated out, other than being at Epcot.
We began the night by saying goodbye to Abby. She spent the night with her wonderful babysitter (thanks Holly!!!!), a pizza, fresh baked cookies, and all of her favorite toys. One family photo and away we went!
Dad and Mom, posing for the camera!
Annie, Teri, me, and Mom at dinner. We had New Year's Eve dinner at the Flash Beach Grill in Hobe Sound. Our friend Teri works there and since she couldn't join us, we joined her. Our other friends Jamie and Annie joined us as well. The Grill is known for their fresh catch of fish. They open on the weekend and catch the fish all week, so it is 100% fresh and delicious!
The Mehallis Family...After our lovely dinner it was back to PSL (Port St. Lucie) for a toast and a kiss. Our group went to the Vine & Barley (V&B), a little wine and beer bar just down the road from our home. Mike Mehallis (far left) used to work at the PGA with Jim. His family was down from Cleveland for the holidays and joined us at V&B.
Jim and I had a great time. It was nice to be out with our friends and spend some time together. We even got our picture taken! This is a rare occurrence these days as one of us is usually taking the pictures.
I stole this hat from my friend Ryan. It looked better on him, but made for a fun picture for me to remember!
I have to admit, this isn't the best of photos. But it is the only one of our whole group celebrating after the ball drop. Annie, Jamie, me, Jim, Ryan, Teri, Leah, and Steve (from left to right). We had a great time together and I truly enjoyed my night out. It was just enough excitement! More to come from Hawaii in the days ahead.

1 comment:

Mao Mao Kitty said...

I love your dress! You guys look like you had a great time!