Thursday, October 14, 2010

Some Time At Home

For three weeks following our loooooong road-trip, Abby and I stayed home. Jim was with us for a week and then it was off again for him. He had a wonderful two weeks with positive results both in Knoxville and Pittsburgh. Abby's walking got so much better. She went from walking a few feet at a time to a few yards. She could go for hours as long as she had a hand to hold. Grammy decided she wanted Abby to learn how to go up and down steps correctly. My Mom and Dad's house doesn't have many (basement and attic, both with doors, and one or two elsewhere inside the house). No luck with the stairs...Next came piano playing. While cleaning the piano one day, Abby decided she could touch the keys and make some noise. This became a daily ritual from then on. Abby also enjoyed tormenting poor Pumpkin. He is our only cat that will put up with her. One day, she even decided to throw her leg over his back and "ride" him (Picture of the Day, below). I had made up my mind, before we left for our six weeks on the road, that I would be getting my hair cut when we returned home. Well, I did! I had 8 inches plus cut off and donated to Pantene and the American Cancer Society. We also spent some quality time with family.Everyone was soooo excited to see Abby. My sister, Lisa; and my nieces, Dana and Paige; Aunt Rita and Cousin Jeri (Gege) too! By the time I had all the laundry done and the suitcases unpacked it was time to pack up again for another couple of weeks on the road!

No comments: