Friday, October 22, 2010

Out West: Week 2

We had a beautiful 5 hour drive to Boise, ID., our second stop out west! A few days of R&R did the body good. Two hikes, some great food, and of course...laundry. Tuesday, the fun started with a trip to the zoo with our friends the Summerhays and Jenn Stallings. Wednesday brought a nice group lunch. A bunch of us ladies got together and toured downtown to celebrate the last time we'd see Kristina Putnam and Chastity Mathis for a while. This was the last week of travel for both of them, as they were expecting very soon. Along for the ride were the three little ones below. Patton Summerhays, Abby, and Jack Summerhays.We enjoyed some great food downtown, and a nice long search for ice cream afterwards. On Wednesday evening our lovely host, Barbara Kaylor, took my good friend Jenn Stallings and I for a sunset hike. Oh...and their dog, Alta, went too! It was beautiful!!! Perfect weather and a gorgeous sunset.
We had a chance to catch up with our good friend Joe (and Jim's caddie the last two years) on Friday. Joe decided he liked Boise so much, he wanted to move there. Move there he did, and is loving it! This was his first chance to meet Abby; it has almost been a whole year since we last saw Joe!
Friday also happened to be our 5th wedding anniversary. Jim and I had a lovely dinner out with our good friends and hosts, the Kaylors. It's hard to believe that we've been married 5 years already. The time sure does fly by!
There was just one small problem with our night out...it was the beginning of over a week of being sick for me. I missed the rest of the festivities that weekend, including the friends and the great food:( I had to endure plane rides and long nights and some testing, all while feeling awful. Only to find out that my stomach was "irritated". I'm no doctor, but I could have told anyone that! Overall the trip out west was wonderful and I'm so glad I was able to go this year.

1 comment:

Alee said...

Hey Carolyn - looks like your trip is going well out west - any chance you'll make it to Oregon?