Monday, June 14, 2010

Day 1- The Good and The Bad

To begin, I would like to tell you all that our travels yesterday went so well. Abby did great in the air and the pressure changes didn't even phase her. I was amazed and just knew that SOMETHING had to go wrong. Well, it was the baggage. Mine and Abby's bags were "delayed".
Today started off not so good. First of all, we were all up and awake at 5am local time. Good thing Jim had a 7:30 tee time- so the timing was just perfect! As soon as I had a cup of coffee I was on the phone with Delta Bag Claim service trying to get some idea of when my bags were coming. To my dismay the new story was not till Tuesday at some point. Well, I wasn't interested in hearing that answer - finally someone was able to tell me the bags would be here between 11am and 2pm today. Wonderful! The bags arrived at 10:50, before the scheduled time, yay!
Then, it was off to the course to see Jim and caddie Danny. The weather was cool and overcast. Somewhat similar to a March or April day in the northeast. We arrived at the hospitality tent and enjoyed some time with our Nationwide Tour friends the Summerhays, The Putnams, and the Gates. Lunch was FABULOUS! They had sushi, a steak salad, and lamb lolipops, yum! Abby and I met the daycare lady, Susan, who was so nice and can't wait to play.
We also had sightings of Aaron Baddeley, Ian Poulter, Lee Westwood, Tiger Woods, Alvaro Quiros, Angel Cabrera, Vijay Singh, and many others. What a surreal atmosphere. To be side by side and in the midst of the best players in the world. I am truly humbled by this experience and feel very lucky to be here.
Later, we enjoyed the comforts of our rented home for the week. It is located in a very remote area about 10 minutes from the course. We see deer on a daily basis, hawks, lots of interesting birds and of course flowers and greenery. We enjoyed the hot tub and will be enjoying the deck and grill a little later on.
I have also begun the first steps to my Stella & Dot career. My sample jewelry arrived just in time to pack for this trip. I am so excited, the product is amazing and much more so in person than in the catalog! Our launch party is planned for June 26th. My mom is hosting a summer brunch and it should be a blast.
There will be more to come tomorrow as I plan on writing every day. In the meantime please check out the new link at the bottom of the page in the 'Our Favorite Sites' section that will take you to the US Open page, a new link to the right in the 'Fun Stuff to Check Out' section that will give you video highlights of the qualifier last Monday. Please click on Canoe Brook video highlights twice to see an overview of the qualifier and some interviews. Jim's interview is seen in full on that link! There is also a link to an article from the Cincinnati Enquirer last week. It covers a wide range of topics including the media day that Jim was present for last Thursday at the TPC River's Bend in Cincinnati. The article is fabulous and one of the best that's ever been written about him.

1 comment:

Jeremy said...

Yay!! Jenn and I wish Jim the best of luck and we will be watching. Abby is getting you big. Btw, i find it funny that you put a picture of your father with the open mouth up on the net. Have a good time.